Defense Priorities in an Age of Persistent Conflict
Where the international defense cooperation community get down to business.
- 2009 will see a change of administration and an upcoming QDR.
- It is increasingly unlikely that more money will be found for defense.
- Persistent warfare is eroding the capability of our armed forces and hard choices will need to be made.
- Wide ranging treaties with the UK and Australia on Export Controls are being reviewed on Capitol Hill. Other Export Control initiatives are underway. Technology transfer issues remain at the forefront of challenges, closely followed by offset/industrial participation.
- France is taking up the Presidency of the EU and has a number of defense funding initiatives in prospect.
Join us at the National Press Club on Wednesday, 3rd September for a stimulating discussion with senior government, military, industry, embassy and academic contemporaries.